Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- 450g frozen peas
- 1 medium leek
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves (loosely pack)
- 1 cup of organic vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups of water
- 50g of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for serving (optional)
- 4 tbsp of crème fraîche for serving (optional)
First of all, bring a pot of water to the boil and pour the frozen peas in the hot water. Then bring the water to the boil again and drain the peas and set aside.
Then, wash the leek. Make sure you wash out the dirt between the leaves. Then half the leek lengthways and then slice it up.
Sautéed chopped leek in unsalted butter.
Once the leek is soft, add the vegetable broth and 1.5 cup of water.
Bring the soup to the boil.
Then add the cooked peas.
Season with salt and ground black pepper and bring to the boil again.
Once it is boil, turn off the heat and add mint leaves.
Put the lid on for 10 minutes to let the fragrance of the mint leaves diffuses into the soup. (Heat Off)
After 10 minutes, use a hand mixer to blend the soup until it is nice and smooth.
Then add fresh lemon juice.
And season to taste.
You could serve the soup with a bit more extra virgin olive oil and a table spoon of crème fraîche on top.
- Use unsalted butter to sautéed the leek instead of other oil.
- If you can’t find leek, you can use spring onion too. But leek is the best! 😛
- You may serve the soup with one table spoon of crème fraîche. I found my crème fraîche was still sitting in the fridge after shooting. 🙁