We are always in a rush in the morning. This easy omelette breakfast only takes 10 minutes to prepare and it is nutritious and delicious!
Serves : 2 servings
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- 4 large egg for 2 omelettes
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 button mushroom
- 1 bulb of shallot
- 1 or 2 strips of bacon
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Clean and dice one button mushroom and set aside.
Peel and dice a bulb of shallot and set aside.
Wash and dice a quarter of red bell pepper and set aside.
Slice a strip of streaky bacon and set aside.
Crack two large eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of black pepper, whisk it with a fork.
Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, add chopped shallot, bacon, mushroom and bell pepper, stir and cook through.
Pour the egg into the pan to cover all the ingredients and move the egg around to combine with all the ingredients.
Put about 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese on top of the omelette and fold the omelette gently while it is not fully cooked.
Put the omelette on the plate straight away and sprinkle a little bit of extra Parmesan cheese on top.
You may serve with a few slices of brown toasts and cherry tomatoes.
- If you like spinach and sweet corn, you could add some on the omelette before sprinkling parmesan cheese and folding the omelette.
- Do not overcook the omelette. It tasted better with a little bit runny egg in the middle.
- Always use the best quality eggs for breakfast because they are the key ingredient.