We all love pancakes, but they normally are not very healthy. I came up with a healthy version of pancake with banana, quinoa and other great ingredients. The most important thing is they are delicious!
Serves : 8 four-inches pancakes
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rice bran oil
- Unsalted butter
- Virgin coconut oil
Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packing and set aside. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt, and cinnamon, set aside.
Peel and halve the banana, slice half of the banana and set aside.
Mash the other half of the banana in a big bowl with a fork.
Then add vanilla extract, quinoa, egg, whisk together until blend well.
Pour the dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients and mix together.
Pour almond milk into the big bowl gradually and stir until the batter is smooth.
Heat a non-stick pan with medium-low heat, add rice bran oil and a knob of butter . Spoon the batter onto the pan. Put one or two pieces of sliced banana in the middle of the pancake when the batter is still runny. Flip the pancake when bubbles appear on the top of the pancake.
Cook for a few minutes until the pancake is crisp and golden brown on both sides. The sliced banana should be caramelised.
Serve the pancake with a knob of coconut oil and some honey.
- Wash the quinoa under tap water for 1 to 2 minutes before cooking to get rid of the bitter taste.
- You can replace almond milk with other milk too.
- Flip the pancake when you see air bubbles on the surface of the pancake and the surface is not completely set.
Thank you for following my blog!
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to my cooking channel here: https://www.youtube.com/cookwithsolee/?sub_confirmation=1
[…] English Version Click Here […]