This avocado smoked salmon sandwich recipe is a great breakfast ideas. It’s delicious and healthy! I like to pickle the onion with lime juice to get ride of the heat of the onion.
Serves : 2 sandwiches
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- half of an avocado
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 6 to 7 red onion rings
- 5 to 6 cucumber ribbons
- 1 lemon
- pinch of rock salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of capers
First of all, slice some red onion rings.
Soak the onion rings in lemon juice for 10 minutes.
Use a peeler to peel some cucumber ribbons and set aside.
Slice half of a avocado.
I use whole wheat bread this time. You can use other bread too.
Brush some extra virgin olive oil on the bread.
Toast the bread in a pan.
Then you can assemble the sandwich. Put the sliced avocado on one slice of toast.
Season the sliced avocado with some salt and ground black pepper. Then squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the avocado.
Follow with pickled onion rings.
Then place two slices of smoked salmon on top.
Season the smoked salmon with some ground black pepper and fresh lemon juice. Then add a teaspoon of capers.
Curl up the cucumber ribbons and put them on top. You could add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil at the end (optional).
Another nice piece of toast.
This smoked salmon sandwich is tasty and healthy. Try it out! 🙂
- Use lemon juice to get rid of the heat of the red onion so kids would like it too.
- Make sure you season the avocado well with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste so good!
- You could use fresh bagel, sour dough, bruschetta or baguette too.
Check out Smoked Salmon Sandwich cooking video