Serves : 8 rolls
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- 8 precooked pork sausages
- 8 slices crustless sandwich bread
- 8g of room temperature unsalted butter (for spreading on the bread)
- 100ml cooking cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ of tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter + 1tbsp of olive oil (for pan fry the sausage rolls)
Use a rolling pin to flatten the crustless white sliced bread.
Spread some room temperature unsalted butter on the bread.
Then put a pork sausage on the bread and roll it up tightly.
Press the roll against the table at the end to seal the roll firmly. Roll up the rest of the sausages in the same way.
Pour the cooking cream in a plate and add an egg yolk.
Mix the yolk and cooking cream together.
Add some pure vanilla extract and mix again.
Dip the sausage rolls in the cooking cream mixture. Don’t need to soak it.
Heat up a non-stick pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of unsalted butter. Once the oil is hot, put the sausage rolls inside.
Brown the rolls with low heat.
Mix 2 tbsp of golden caster sugar and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon together.
Roll the hot sausage rolls in the cinnamon sugar. Done!
These sausage rolls are my kids favourite breakfast. They love to help with the rolling and spreading too. Try this out with your kids!
- Make sure you use precooked sausages.
- Brown the sausage rolls slowly with low heat, so the sausages would be heat through.
- Pork sausages go well with cinnamon.
- Roll the sausage rolls in the cinnamon sugar while they are hot, so the sugar would stick on the rolls.