Serves : For 3 to 4 persons
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 8 minutes
- 300g dry egg noodles
- 100g bean sprouts
- 100g Chinese chives
- 40g spring onion
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1 tbsp of sesame
- ¾ tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp of Demerara sugar
- 1/2 tsp of black sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Toast some sesame in a dry pan with low heat. Once the sesame seeds have been coloured, take the sesame out.
Wash and pick some green bean sprouts.
Wash and cut the Chinese chives into the length of 5cm.
Wash and slice the spring onion in a oblique angle.
Peel and slice a small piece of ginger.
Put the egg noodles in a big bowl and pour some boiling hot water inside. The water should cover the noodles.
Use a pair of chopsticks or a fork to lose up the noodles and drain afterwards. Don’t soak the noodles in the hot water for too long.
Mix light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and black sesame oil together and set aside.
Heat up a pan with medium heat and add some olive oil. Put the sliced ginger in and fry for 1 minute.
Then add the Chinese chives and stir.
Add bean sprouts and stir again.
Add noodles and spring onion. You can add the spring onion towards the end too.
Pour the prepared sauce on the noodles.
Use chopsticks to mix everything together and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Sprinkle some toasted sesame on top. Done!
Enjoy this fried noodles with congee. Perfect breakfast! 😛
- Don’t boil the noodles, but soak it in hot water. Once you loosen the noodles up, drain it straight away.
- You may add onion and carrot inside, but the traditional way is keeping it simple.
- Buy some good quality soy sauce because that’s all the flavours from.
- Enjoy it with a bowl of hot congee. Comforting breakfast in Autumn or Winter time.