Serves : 1 sandwich
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread or toast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp of chopped chives
- a little handful of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp of organic mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of honey Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
Put two room temperature eggs inside a pot of water. The water has to cover the eggs. Put the lid on and bring the water to the boil. Then turn off the heat and leave the eggs inside for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the celery and set aside.
Chop the chives. You can find them from some supermarkets or some herbs shops in the wet markets.
Slice the tomato. I bought some really sweet and juicy tomatoes.
Then mix the salad dressing. Put 1 table spoon of organic mayonnaise in a bowl, add 1 tea spoon of honey Dijon mustard and 1/4 tea spoon of fresh lemon juice. Mix everything together and set aside. If you cannot find honey Dijon mustard, you could use Dijon mustard and add a little bit of honey. Honey makes big difference.
The eggs would be done by then.
Take the eggs out of the pot and put them under the tap to cook down.
Peel the eggs and cut them into small cubes. The middle of the yolks should be still moist and in orange colour. I do not like dry egg yolks.
Put the chopped eggs in a bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Then add the chopped celery and chives.
Put the salad dressing inside and mix well. This is a great egg salad, you could eat it like this.
Lay a piece of whole wheat bread or toast at the bottom, then put some baby spinach and sliced tomatoes on top.
Follow with all the egg salad and another piece of bread or toast.
This egg salad sandwich is fantastic! You have to try it out! Yes, I am very proud of this recipe. hahaha!
- Do not overcook the eggs. Use a stop watch.
- Make sure you use honey Dijon mustard not other mustard.
- If you cook this sandwich for kids, you better use toast because toast could hold the egg salad inside.
Check out the Egg Salad Sandwich cooking video HERE.