This is a quick and simple breakfast pancake recipe. Kids love it!
Servings : 8 pancakes
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups of plain flour
- 2.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of golden granulated sugar
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- pure coconut oil
- pure honey
- mixed berries
Firstly, mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl, including plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
Secondly, mix the wet ingredients in another big bowl, including the egg, coconut milk and pure vanilla extract.
Add the coconut milk gradually and use a fork to mix it well.
Then combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients. Use a spatula to fold the batter slowly. Do not overdo it. It is okay to have some lumps.
Heat up a pan. Put a knob of unsalted butter inside when the pan is hot. The butter would be bubbling. Pour 1/4 cup of batter in the middle of the pan.
Cook the pancake with medium low heat. When you see lots of air bubbles on the surface of the pancake and the bubbles are about to burst, flip the pancake with a spatula straight away.
Brown both sides of the pancakes.
I like to serve these pancakes with berries, pure coconut oil and pure honey.
You could also serve the pancakes with unsalted butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- You could replace the coconut milk with almond milk or other milk.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients slowly. Don’t over do it. It is ok to have some lumps inside. Leave the batter to rest for 5 to 10 mins if time allows.
- Flip the pancake straight away when you see lots of bubbles on the pancake. The batter should be still runny on the top. Don’t wait until all the batter is set.