Serves : 1 pancake
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- 2 room temperature large eggs
- ½ cup of plain flour
- ½ cup of room temperature whole milk
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 20g of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/3 cup of raspberries
- 1/3 cup of strawberries
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- half of a lemon zest (optional)
First of all, preheat the oven to 210°C. Then start to prepare the pancake batter. Crack two large eggs in a big bowl.
Add a pinch of sea salt, 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg, 2 tsp of caster sugar and 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
Mix all the ingredients together.
Then sift 1/2 cup of plain flour inside the bowl.
Then add 1/2 cup of milk into the batter and mix well.
Heat up a pan. Add the butter inside when the pan is very hot.
Pour the batter inside the pan when the butter is bubbling.
Put the pan in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes. The batter would puff up like a big bowl.
Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice on the pancake. You could grate some lemon zest on it too.
Put the mixed berries on the pancake and dust some icing sugar on top.
I like to enjoy it with a bit of maple syrup too. Delicious! 😛
- Use room temperature eggs and milk, so the pancake would expand really big.
- Mix the eggs with the flour first, then add milk gradually, so the batter would be smooth. No lumps.
- Heat up your pan first. You could either put it inside the preheated oven for 10 mins or heat it up on a stove. Either way, you need to make sure the pan is very hot.
- Be generous with butter or your pancake would be too dry. I normally use 20 to 25 grams. Not too heavy.
- Once you pour the batter inside the hot pan, put it into the preheated oven straight away.
- There are so many different combinations of toppings you could try. Be creative! Other than mixed berries, I love caramelised sliced banana, chopped roasted almonds and chocolate sauce too.